Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 July 2021

પલાશ સાક્ષી છે



પલાશ  સાક્ષી  છે  

---------------------

તારા ઘર ની ગલી 

જઈ મળે જ્યાં રાજમાર્ગ ને 

એ ખૂણા પર ઉભું છે 

એક ઝાડ પલાશ નું ;


યાદ છે એ રાત ?

નાટક જોઈ આવતા હતા 

આપણે બે સાથ ?


પકડ્યો હતો તેં 

તારા હાથ માં , મારો હાથ  ;

મને તો નાટક નું નામ પણ યાદ છે ,

" સંતુ રંગીલી " 


હતી માથે પલાશ ને 

રસ્તા ની ટમટમતી બત્તી ,

નીચે પલાશ ની ,

હતું 

મધરાત નું અંધારું  ;


અચાનક તું ઉભી રહી 

છોડ્યો મારો હાથ ,

કસકસી ને ભરી , બાથ માં બાથ ,

પીસ્યા હોઠ પર હોઠ ,

પલભર થંભી ગઈ , દુનિયા મારી ;


ફરી ફરી ખાધીતી જે 

પ્રેમ ની સોગંદ ,

બોલતી બંધ રહી 

મૌન માં પ્રગટી  ;


પલાશ શાક્ષી છે  !


મારા આવવાની રાહ માં 

આજ પણ 

ત્યાંજ ઉભો છે પલાશ  ;


પણ હવે મારે માટે 

તારા ઘર ની ગલી નું 

એક અદ્રશ્ય 

બારણું બંધ છે  ;

હવે હું તને 

જમીન પર નહિ 

આભ ના તારલાઓ માં 

શોધું છુ 


----------------------

 Translated ( 23 March 2021 )

From Hindi > 

कस्मे - वादे  [  16  June  2019 ]


=================================

Street of your house

 

Go where you meet the highway

 

It stands on the corner

 

of a tree palash ;

 

 

 

Do you remember that night?

 

They were watching the play

 

Are we together?

 

 

 

You were caught

 

In your hand, my hand;

 

I even remember the name of the play.

 

"Santu Ringili"

 

 

 

Palash on the head

 

Blinking street light,

 

below Palash,

 

was

 

the darkness of midnight;

 

 

 

Suddenly you stood up

 

let go of my hand,

 

Filled the cassava, bath in the bath,

 

lips on crushed lips,

 

Palbhar stopped, my world;

 

 

 

Eat again and again

 

oath of love

 

Stopped talking

 

Lit in silence;

 

Palash is a witness!

 

 

 

Waiting for my arrival

 

Even today

 

Palash stands there;

 

 

 

But now for me

 

Of the street of your house

 

An invisible

 

The door is closed;

 

now i you

 

Not on the ground

 

In the constellations of aura

 

looking for.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated in Google Translate - 15/03/2024

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    

No comments:

Post a Comment