Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 2 July 1985

પણ ક્યાં સુધી ?



__________________________________________
આ કેવો રસ્તો ?

ન તો પાછાં ફરાય
કે ના આગળ વધાય  !

માંડ માંડ વાદળ વરસ્યું ,
તો મરૂભોમ માં  -

ન તો સરવાણી થાય
કે ના તલાવડી ભરાય  !

ધીખતી ધરતી માં પાણી
ધરબાઇ જાય  -

જાણે તારી નજર
'ને મારું પ્યાસું મન  -

એવું તરસ્યું
કે તારા નેણ ના
એક એક કરી
પલકારા ગણું ,

'ને તારા ઓઠ ફફડે તો
એક એક કરી
પડતાં વેણ ને ઝીલું

આ રસ્તા ની ચોકડી એ
તારી રાહ તો જોઉં
પણ ક્યાં સુધી ?

-----------------------------

Sanand   /   02  July  1985

=============================================

But how long?

 

What kind of way is this?

 

Neither return

Or go ahead!

 

It barely rained,

So in the desert -

 

Neither is Sarvani

No need to fill the tank!

 

Water in soft soil

be damned -

 

Like your eyes

My thirsty mind -

 

Thirst like that

That's not your money

One by one

count palkara,

 

If your ears flutter

One by one

Falling veen and thin

 

Crossroads of this road

I will wait for you

But how long?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated in Google Translate - 29/02/2024

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment